Make a difference in your world today!
AAUW-Oshkosh Branch Membership
You are eligible for membership in AAUW if you are a graduate of a regionally accredited institution of higher learning holding an associate or higher degree.
By becoming a member of our branch, you also become a member of the state and national organization. ($46 of the national dues are tax deductible.)
AAUW uses $49 of your dues to:
- lobby Congress for a strong system of public education that promotes gender fairness, equity and diversity
- lobby Congress for economic self-sufficiency for all women
- lobby Congress for equality, individual rights, and social justice for a diverse society
- provide monies for scholarships and grants through the Education Fund and the Legal Advocacy Fund.
- publish studies on how women and girls are progressing in education and the workplace. “Where the Girls Are” is the latest publication.
AAUW-WI uses $13 of your dues to:
- Run the state convention each year
- Send you Badger Briefs
- Provide leadership for our branch
AAUW-Oshkosh uses $20 of your dues to:
- Give you monthly programs
- Pay the rent and insurance for meetings
- Print and mail your yearbook
- Pay travel expenses for the president(s) to attend conventions
- Pay expenditures of membership and communication committees
Please contact Meghan Dirth (email@example.com or (920) 312-8099) to join or for more information.
National Membership is open to anyone holding an associate or equivalent (RN), baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Student Affiliation is open to anyone who does not already hold an undergraduate degree and is enrolled in a two-or four-year regionally accredited educational institution.
College/University Partner Membership is open to regionally accredited educational institutions, including two-year or community colleges.
AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in this organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or class.
Because AAUW is a 501(c)(3) charitable membership organization, $46 of your national dues is tax deductible on your personal federal income tax return.